We are hiring for the following position(s):
- Must have a current driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Prefer someone with general knowledge of Collin, Hunt and/or Rockwall County roadways
- Be comfortable driving a larger/dually style box truck
- Be able to pass a drug test initially and at random
- Be able to work outside in all seasons (including heat, rain, snow, etc.)
- Light truck repair (change tire or replace hose) may occasionally be required
- Must be able to operate a smart phone to call, text, and take/send photos to office staff as requested
- Must be trustworthy with a company credit card
- Must be willing and able to show up to work daily and on time
Work days/hours: Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. until route is finished (dependent on your pace). There are seven Saturdays per year that are mandatory work days (the Saturdays following a holiday and 1 clean-up day) and will be paid at double time rate.
Pay scale: During training, starting pay is $12.50 per hour. After training period or, when proficient on the route, (typically 60-90 days depending on how quickly you learn your routes) your pay will be raised to $15.00 per hour, with yearly raises. Overtime is paid at time and a half.
Other benefits: One week paid vacation after first year; two weeks paid vacation after 5 years. Paid sick/personal time off and Life insurance after 90 days. 6 paid holidays per year. We will provide mandatory company shirts. Company cell phone provided OR paid weekly cell phone stipend. Employees are eligible for reimbursement (or company provided) of gloves, rain gear, boots, and other necessary equipment.
Expectations: As a driver, it will be your responsibility to collect residential and/or commercial trash routes in accordance with company guidelines and policies. This includes household trash, lawn debris and bulky items. The driver is also responsible for writing certain pertinent information on the route lists that will be used to communicate with the office personnel about each customer’s account. The driver is also responsible for notifying management of issues with any truck, customer or other personnel. The job requires someone who is physically capable of getting in and out of a large vehicle 200-300 times per day, and able to lift at least 50 pounds to waist height. The driver must have problem solving skills, and be willing to communicate with office staff to find solutions to problems that may arise on the routes.
Contact: E-mail resume and references to Jada Graff at email@example.com.
Please include information about your previous work experience, including your driving experience on your resume, as well as (1) professional reference who can speak to your work-ethic, driving experience, or other professional skills.